14 October, 2009

Connecting at the SharePoint Conference in Las Vegas

Next week I will be attending the much anticipated SharePoint Conference in Las Vegas. The build-up has been staged with barely any details being revealed about SharePoint 2010 beforehand. More than 7,000 attendees will be looking to learn all about this milestone release and Steve Ballmer himself will provide the keynote. Every attendee, exhibitor or speaker I have talked to certainly has high expectations.

We will without doubt see many new capabilities that will consolidate SharePoint as the market’s leading horizontal business productivity platform. I will direct my focus on any expects of SharePoint 2010 that will affect interoperability with SAP. There are some promising new features for accessing business data which will undoubtedly play a key role in driving the idea of surfacing SAP through SharePoint. And with SAP investing heavily in service enablement there should be some exciting years immediately ahead of us.

Learning about the new features and potential of SharePoint 2010 is obviously a key objective of attending this conference. But even more important is the opportunity to exchange experiences with many colleagues from around the world. I have already organised to meet up with 12-15 people that are active in the SAP/Microsoft interoperability space, but I am always looking to connect with colleagues so if you want to discuss surfacing SAP through SharePoint at the conference please ping me on Twitter (@kalsing) or contact me here.

No comments: